“Every pregnancy is different”…I must have heard this a million times.
How different is this pregnancy as compared to the first?
- Like the first, I did not encounter any terrible morning sickness, just nauseousness. However, this time round, it is much more bearable.
- The tummy showed incredibly early this time. It literally popped overnight. I don’t remember showing this early when I had Elisa. My tummy is definitely much bigger as compared to the 1st. I have some people asking if I am carrying twins! Nope, just one big baby.
- I’ve gained 15 kg to date. I put on 15kg when I was 6 months pregnant with Elisa. So not too bad considering I went against my gynae’s advice on No McDonald’s and No ice cream. Sorry, Dr Khoo!
- Done less exercise as compared to the 1st. I had the luxury of time to attend prenatal yoga and hit the gym on weekdays when I was pregnant with Elisa. Now that I am working and a not-so-little girl that demands my time, I have to forgo all these. I did not stop exercising completely; I still do some yoga, minor stretching and squats when I have the time. I walked more as compared to before though. So yeah, that’s my daily form of exercise.
- I get tired easily. As you grow older, pregnancy is definitely tougher on your body. I have aches EVERYWHERE.
- Food aversion – Before I got pregnant, sliced fish soup used to be my daily lunch staple. The moment I got pregnant,just the thought of it makes me want to puke. And I can’t take highly seasoned food. Bland food and clear soup for me please. No fried garlic, thanx.
- No cravings. Lucky for the husband!
- I had severe pelvic pain with Elisa. I remembered I had it when I reached the third trimester. With this second one, the pain started when I was in my second trimester!!
- I get breathless easily. There was one night I found myself panting after switching sides. I am not even joking!
- Leg cramps made quite a few occurrence as compared to the first.
- I have oily scalp…like super oily. And it’s only at a particular spot! It is so obvious that you can tell straightaway where the patch of oily scalp is! Yikes!!
- With Elisa, I felt the flutters at 16 weeks. As for this baby, it’s not until week 18 or 19 that I felt the movements. This baby is definitely more active as compared to Elisa! Kicking all day err day 😀
We are definitely more relax this time as compared to the first. I’m not sure if it’s a good or bad thing. One more month to go and we haven’t done anything yet. Not a single thing!
Time to hustle!!!