Kenny Roger’s sweet corn muffin? Does it ring a bell? I am sure many of you have tried their corn muffins before and fell in love with them. I used to be one of them then. While surfing the net, I came across this recipe and immediately I knew I had to make them.
So last Sunday, I got down to making them and these muffins came out just in time for our morning tea break. Coffee and muffins – simply awesome. I don’t remember how Kenny Roger’s muffins taste like (it’s been donkey years since I last had them) but I can tell you that these sweet corn muffins are damn good. Moist, tender and not too sweet.
If you are looking for a simple snack/treat, I highly recommend these amazing sweet corn muffins. They don’t take long to make and will be loved by both grown ups and kiddos.
Sweet Corn Muffins
(makes 10 muffins)
1 1/4 cups self raising flour
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
113g unsalted butter
75g caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Line muffin tin with muffin liners.
2. Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed for 3-4 minutes until pale and fluffy.
4. Slowly drizzle beaten eggs into the mixture, beating until fully incorporated.
5. Reduce mixer speed to low, add one third of the flour mixture and half the milk. Repeat with flour, then milk and then finish with flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure all ingredients are incorporated and batter is smooth.
6. Add corn and stir to distribute evenly.
7. Scoop the batter into the lined muffin tin. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Reduce the oven temperature to 180C and bake for about 15 minutes (I baked mine for 13 minutes), until the muffins are golden in color or when the cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
(Adapted from Sherie from Maameemoomoo)
I would like to say two words to Sherie from Maameemoomoo, THANK YOU!! This recipe is a keeper and I’ll surely bake this from time to time 🙂