Seriously, I wasn’t expecting this at all! Thank you Carrotoh for nominating me!
Sorry I took so long! Finally, I managed to get this done. You really put me to test! Here are 11 random facts about me:-
1. I am the youngest in the family. I have one elder brother.
2. I can be very stubborn
at times most of the times.
3. I think I am quite messy which irks the hubs to no ends. Hehe!
4. I have one hairstyle for the longest time, long and straight. I have never colored or permed my hair before. My friends commented that my hairstyle never changes after so many years. I always want to have short hair like real short but the hubs thinks that I will look super ugly in short hair. The shortest I have ever sported was shoulder length.
5. I am a sporty person – I was a netball player during school days thus explain my chunky thighs, I played tennis and I watch football. Go Arsenal!!
6. I care too much about how people will judge me. Low self esteem maybe?
7. I am a Sin Neng. It’s a dialect group similar to Cantonese.
8. I came to Singapore in 2004 and have since call this place home, second home. The first is of course Penang!
9. I hate people who are rude and discourteous. Eg: when you hold the door to the lift and people just walk in/out without saying Thank you. Hello?! Do you think I’m a lift operator??
10. I have a soft spot for elderly. I love my grandma dearly.
11. My friends say that my eyes can kill. I guess I got this from my mother!
Now, the 11 questions asked by Carrotoh:
1. Do you enjoy what you do for a living?
After 8.5 years in this industry, I still enjoy what I’m doing but only to a certain extent. My job offers me the opportunity to meet people from all over the world and the best part, travel at the expense of the company. That being said, I certainly do not enjoy the time spent away from family and friends especially during festive seasons and special occasions.
2. What is your favorite movie and why?
I seldom watch movie. Does tv series count? My favorite would be Grey’s Anatomy. I love the fresh story lines, the crazy medical cases and how it always make me cry buckets!! Oh ya, and anything TVB!! 🙂
3. What do you think makes a comfortable home?
Neat and tidy house. Lots of warm lights and the people in the house.
4. What kind of books do you like to read?
Nothing in specific. The last two book I read was autobiography and Fifty Shades of Grey is waiting to be read. If I really have to choose, it has to be cook books 🙂 I enjoy reading them during my free time.
5. What is the craziest thing you have ever done in your life?
Errmm…I can’t think of any right now. I’m not an adventurous person. Yes, I’m kinda boring!
6. Do you drink coffee and where do you normally have it?
I love coffee. The are too many coffee places in Singapore but we always stick to our favorite, Loysel’s Toys. On normal days, it would be at home.
7. Who is your favorite blogger and why?
Ellie of Almost Bourdain. She inspires me in the kitchen and I learned so much from her. I used to follow her regularly until she stopped blogging. And recently I was delighted to find out that she’s back into the blogging world!! Yay!!
8. What does it take to piss you off immediately?
When I feel that I’m not being appreciated! Many years back, I once cooked dessert for my housemates. But after an hour, no one had eaten it and I poured everything down the sink to the shock of my housemates including the hubs (then boyf). Looking back now, I did not know why I did it and it has become quite a funny story among our friends. Haha
9. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your house?
According to the hubs, he said is the bed. I can’t agree more! Hehe
10. Who is the most important person in your life?
My parents and the hubs!
11. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Fiddle with my phone; check for messages, then Instagram followed by Facebook. I know it’s a bad habit but I can’t help it.
Yes, finally I’m done!! This took me a few good days to complete! Hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed participating in this meme! 🙂