A Week In My Life: Wednesday

Yay, it’s Wednesday and I am going back to Singapore to see the husband. Since I am working today and don’ t have much thing to talk about besides work, I’m going to document my typical working day as a Cabin Crew. Life as a crew is not as glamorous as what many perceive it to be. It’s true that we get to travel for free, stay in 5* hotels, breakfast in Singapore, dinner in London all in one day. It’s a lifestyle that many people enjoy but it comes with a price. Standing on your feet for hours, endure constant barking from demanding passengers, sometimes it gets so busy you barely have time to drink/pee!

Here you go, a run down of my day..

  • Woke up to the sound of message notification on the phone. Still half asleep, I checked the clock and it showed 2pm!! Gosh, it must be the massage I had last night. As usual, I did not get out of bed until much later.
  • Wash up and made myself breakfast, or was it lunch? πŸ˜€ Breakfast were coffee, biscuits and chiffon cake (bought in Singapore) Β  Β  Β Β **on check out day, many of us (the crew) will sleep in and order room service. But there are some who will go out for a meal and some last minute shopping (if time permits). For me, I am the lazy one, I’ll sleep in until it’s time to get ready.
  • Wake up call was scheduled at 3.55pm, I have one more hour to go before I got to get ready. While waiting for time to pass, I managed to catch one epi of my Chinese series πŸ˜€Β 
  • 3.15 pm – time to get my ass out from the bed. It’s time to get ready for work. All I need is 30-45 mins to get ready (paint my face aka apply makeup, bun up hair and get dressed). When I just started working, I need at least 1 hour to get all these things done. So we are talking about experience here! πŸ˜‰
  • Wake up call!! Pack up all my stuff and it’s time to go home. Our pick up from the hotel is always one hour from the call time. After a 45 mins journey, we were at the airport. Checked into the aircraft and we were ready to roll.Β 
  • From the time we set foot in to the aircraft, it was chaos. The whole aircraft were bustling. The caterers were loading the meals, cleaners were cleaning the aircraft with some pushing and shoving involved and the crew were busy setting up the cabin. All three parties were trying very hard to stay out of each other’s way.
  • Fast forward to 5 hours later, we finally touched down in Singapore past mid-night. Free transport were provided for us. By the time I reached home, the husband was in deep sleep. He barely moved an inch although I made a lot of noises! I had a nice warm shower and plonked myself in front of the computer..I need to update the “A week in my life” project.
  • It’s 4.33 am Β and time to hit the sack.

There you have it, my working Wednesday and a bit of a cabin crew’s life .


6 thoughts on “A Week In My Life: Wednesday

  1. Lady J

    Wow! 4.30am! Hope you get a couple of days off before flying off. If you ever do come by my part of the world now.. drop me a note.. πŸ˜‰


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s